Recent Posts

REVIEW: DARK SKIES ( 2013 ).......Not as DARK as I was hoping!

Sunday, May 12, 2013
REVIEW




As the Barret family's peaceful suburban life is rocked by an escalating series of disturbing events, they come to learn that a terrifying and deadly force is after them.



So I get ready to watch this movie, like with all horrors, it's late at night and all the lights are off. Everyone else in the house is asleep, I'm in my favourite chair and the popcorn is ready. The story basically goes around alien abduction and the events leading up to it. All I can tell you is that when I saw the tagline "from the producer of Insidious & Sinister" I was immediately intrigued, and who wouldn't be? Both those movies were awesome in their own right, so this had to be good........

Wrong! I found the scares predictable and in terms of horror, I saw some of the most unoriginal scenes ever in any movie. Heres an example....the father of the family ( Josh Hamilton ) in question installs security cameras to see if he can capture anything to help him solve the problems and happenings in their house...doesn't that sound rather Paranormal Activity 2? Then like with most movies in this genre, there's an expert ( J.K. Simmons, who really doesn't get enough chance to show off his talent ) who gets consulted........Paranormal Activity 1 or is that every type of supernatural horror movie?

Anyway, all I'm saying is, you can take a look at this movie but it will only be to say that you saw the movie, and I don't even know if that's worth even conversation. Come on Hollywood, you can do better than this can't you?

ENT3RTAIN ME RATING



DIRECTOR
Scott Stewart ( Priest and Legion )

CAST
Kerri Russell.............Lacey Barret
Josh Hamilton...........Daniel Barrett
J.K. Simmons...........Edwin Pollard

MOVIE TRAILER


MOVIE BABE
Hey the aliens want Kerri Russell also..................




No comments:

Post a Comment